Rail Surveying in Newcastle, Sydney & Western NSW
de Witt Consulting has been providing rail surveying services in Newcastle, Sydney and Western NSW to the rail industry for the past 10 years. During this time we have covered an extensive range of rail surveying projects throughout the region. Within our survey offices at Charlestown and Gulgong, we have the capability of 17 survey crews, with experienced rail surveyors who use the latest in survey technology to ensure innovative and best practise solutions. These solutions are utilised to deliver quality project results for our clients. Our capabilities and recent projects are listed below:
- Surveys for setting out of new track, turnouts and track realignment.
- Construction surveys for set out of civil works & structures.
- Track Control Marks placement for reconditioning and resurfacing.
- Track realignments and re gradings.
- Level crossing upgrades.
- Detail surveys for bridge renewals.
- Survey for track possession works.
- Platform and clearance surveys.
- Tunnel, structure and embankment monitoring.
- Track and infrastructure surveys for design purposes.
- Detailed and topographical surveys.
- Rail corridor cadastral boundary surveys.
- Acquisition, lease and easement and right of carriageway plans.
- In and above ground Services and Utilities Plans.
- 3D Terrestrial Laser Scanning / point cloud surveys.
- Control and verification surveys for LIDAR surveys.
- Control surveys including for the establishment of MGA & AHD alignments.
- Survey Support for Rail Possessions.
Railway Construction Possession Support
de Witt Consulting undertake Surveying Support to a large range of contractors undertaking railway construction/maintenance works during ARTC and CRN scheduled network shutdowns. Within the ARTC Hunter Valley Networks there are six or more major shutdowns a year lasting between three and four days. During these shutdowns, major works are carried out on the network where works are often 24 hours per day in order to maximise the amount of work completed. As such these projects need 24 hour survey support, often with more than one survey team per shift.
There are a multitude of works that are required to be completed in possessions, including formation reconditioning, tamping/ballast cleaning, culvert upgrades, bridge works, embankment stabilisation, tunnel works to name a few. de Witt Consulting has provided support for all these type of works over the last 15 years with great success for multiple ongoing clients.
In the last network shutdown we provided survey support to several contractors across three sites between Muswellbrook and Boggabri. These included bridge approach undercutting works at Boggabri, rail formation reconditioning works across three sites at Scone (which required two survey teams per shift running 24 hours) and bridge retransoming works at Aberdeen.